2019 World Championships Rhythm Dance | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Rhythm Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Everyone really worked hard on the patterns or the judges score them less strictly. Over the season we saw a lot of NNNN and lost levels and here everyone seem to hit them.

Both.

But at least the tech panel was consistent with its Level 4 YYYYs. So no real room for complaint.

zebobes

Final Flight
Interestingly enough I thought P/Cs PCS was going to be way higher, like 45 or something. But then I don't understand Ice Dance scoring, it must be nearly impossible to get a 10 in something!

The PCS are factored at .8, so the max PCS is 40.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Interestingly enough I thought P/Cs PCS was going to be way higher, like 45 or something. But then I don't understand Ice Dance scoring, it must be nearly impossible to get a 10 in something!

40 is max score for PCS. 50 and a little more for TES. So basically they got (almost) the highest possible score :biggrin:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

You can't get more than 40 in ID. SO they pretty much had almost maximized PCS score.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Protocols incoming!

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/wc2019/data0403.pdf

Special Note:

12 teams received perfect levels on both pattern sections. What was this about Tango Romantica being difficult? :dance2:

That's interesting since everyone seemed to have such trouble in the beginning of the season! As someone who is flummoxed by patterns I can only wonder, did everyone improve so much, or did the Tech panel give someone all Ys and then saw all the other teams doing just as well and went "Whoops! Gotta give it to them too!"

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

gmyers

Record Breaker
How the hope of Russia has been raised! I mean no one can afford the slightest bobble!!!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
That's interesting since everyone seemed to have such trouble in the beginning of the season! As someone who is flummoxed by patterns I can only wonder, did everyone improve so much, or did the Tech panel give someone all Ys and then saw all the other teams doing just as well and went "Whoops! Gotta give it to them too!"

A combination of both. I agree with the sentiment that the technical panel were a bit lenient here and that the skaters trained the pattern a lot more in preparation. A few teams were visibly more focused on getting the edges correct, at a slight sacrifice of power and speed.

StephenGfan

Final Flight
Wow epic dance competition here today!

I feel like the odd one out, since while I found Gabby and Guillaume's dance very sophisticated and we'll deserving of the lead, I enjoyed other teams more. Scratches head - I'm a weirdo.

Not on stan twitter you aren't. People on there enjoyed G/P,FD/S amd S/B's more.

StephenGfan

Final Flight
EH P/C were overscored here. They deserved to be in the lead but not so high, Other teams did a much better job portraying the theme.

SNAKSuyun

did it spark joy?
On the Ice
Country
China
I prefer a more fiery and passionate tango, myself. A lot of the sets tonight are very nice but nothing got to me as much as, say, V/M's tango romantica from Vancouver (?)

GGFan

Record Breaker
EH P/C were overscored here. They deserved to be in the lead but not so high, Other teams did a much better job portraying the theme.

I'll let the experts weigh in, but I don't think it's about the theme in the RD. There's a pattern and a rhythm and you're free to go in the direction you want to.

Ultimately it's a skating competition and P/C's skating is that much better than everyone else's. People may have preferences of styles, etc. but the blades don't lie.

leilaraj

On the Ice
Is anyone else surprised that basically 2 groups got level 4s and keypoints YYYY on the patterns but in previous competitions there were maybe 2 teams tops? I mean I‘m happy for the teams but can‘t imagine that items way different before worlds :/

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Madi and Zach: Every time I think I don’t like Zach Donahue he goes and does that. A superb dancer, knows his job to project and provide for Madi. With that score though it’ll be a tough FD for them but no mistakes I see them maybe 3rd but if they don’t inspire the crowd maybe 5th.

Alex and Ivan: RD of the season. Out of the last three they are still the least mature but very passionate. If they weren’t followed by G&G I might say the most passionate.

G&G: He was like an acolyte worshiping her goddess. Almost perfection. The flow from element to element and just care into each movement, nothing was contrived.

TR: Not to take away from the vast improvements every team has made but I have a slight feeling the TP were on orders here to be a tiny bit generous. There were one or to TR1lv4 that could have been lvl3.

‘Mon the Free Dance!

GGFan

Record Breaker
I prefer a more fiery and passionate tango, myself. A lot of the sets tonight are very nice but nothing got to me as much as, say, V/M's tango romantica from Vancouver (?)

If I'm going by razzmatazz alone S/B's program is my favorite. It's a clever program and they perform it well. But ultimately I'm looking for more and once I focus on the blade, flow, details etc. it's P/C all the way.

LaArdilla

Medalist
Oh my, what an event! Everyone from the final group got all levels 4! And season’s best! Will it be better than Boston 2016? The free will be a bloodbath and I can’t wait.

LadyB

Record Breaker
No, he grows it in for real! There was a little video interview with them about a week ago and he had it half grown already. Presumably he then shaves it off quick-smart before the FD. :)
People talking about Paul growing his tache always makes me smile. It's not exactly a big deal for a bloke, especially not for one with stronger hair growth. I bet he is one of them guys who shaves in the morning and has a proper 5 o'clock shadow at 4pm. :cool14: