2020-21 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Who is Vadym with in his latest insta story? Is he still in MI?
I was under the impression that he was still in Moscow (he certainly was there in March)... But probably not now, especially given they speak English in the story...

A few months ago Sofia Val was in Michigan and I was hoping to hear some good news. She announced a new partnership with Nikita Vitryanyuk last week though so that's clearly not an option anymore.

I really hope both Avonley and Vadym find new partners soon.

Last edited:

Ross74

Medalist
I was under the impression that he was still in Moscow (he certainly was there in March)... But probably not now, especially given they speak English in the story...

A few months ago Sofia Val was in Michigan and I was hoping to hear some good news. She announced a new partnership with Nikita Vitryanyuk last week though so that's clearly not an option anymore.

Thanks! I was surprised to hear the English because I also thought he was in Russia. Haven't really been keeping up with him though so any info is good.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Hang on. Nikita has yet another partner?! :jaw:

Thank goodness I decided to change the format of the Fan Fest thread back to being primarily for him, and having additional posts for his partnerships. Because I'll be creating new threads until doomsday at this rate of going! :drama:

(And a good job that I haven't uploaded it as well. Because it will need to be re-edited!)

Do you know if they will they be representing Cyprus or Spain?

CaroLiza_fan

happycamper2554

On the Ice
Hang on. Nikita has yet another partner?! :jaw:

Thank goodness I decided to change the format of the Fan Fest thread back to being primarily for him, and having additional posts for his partnerships. Because I'll be creating new threads until doomsday at this rate of going! :drama:

(And a good job that I haven't uploaded it as well. Because it will need to be re-edited!)

Do you know if they will they be representing Cyprus or Spain?

CaroLiza_fan

Spain

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Pity. Nikita turns 20 in October, and so will be aging out of Juniors soon. And Spain already has two very good Senior partnerships in Hurtado/ Khaliavin and Smart / Díaz . So, unless he and Sofia become very good very quickly, they are going to be sitting on the bench for years until one or both of the other partnerships retire or split.

At least if they had gone with Cyprus, they would only have had Kudriavtseva / Karankevich as competition in the years to come (they haven't turned Senior yet). And I would have liked Angelina and Ilia to have some competition again, as the two partnerships would drive each other forwards. Just look at how well things went during Cyprus' first season in Ice Dance, when they had Milyukova / Vitryanyuk and Kudriavtseva / Karankevich.

Oh no. I haven't had any time to read about him yet and the many partnerships are not reassuring. Poor Sofia was already Linus' *fifth* partner and I was hoping it will last so now I'll have to hope even more 🙏

The irony is, I adopted Vitryanyuk and Colmor Jepsen as singles skaters (Nikita because I had adopted the whole Cypriot Team, and Linus because I had adopted his whole family). Little did I realise that they would both go on to become Ice Dancers who went through more partners than they had hot dinners. And that they would have a partner in common.

To be fair, Nikita's first partnership with Maria Milyukova was actually a very good partnership. Although he was brand new to Ice Dance and she was a lot more experienced (despite being so much younger), they gelled very quickly and were very successful from the word go. It was such a shame that they split, because he hasn't been able to find the same magic with the partners that he has worked with since.

But, we all know that Sofia is good, so hopefully this partnership will work out for him.

CaroLiza_fan

happycamper2554

On the Ice
Pity. Nikita turns 20 in October, and so will be aging out of Juniors soon. And Spain already has two very good Senior partnerships in Hurtado/ Khaliavin and Smart / Díaz . So, unless he and Sofia become very good very quickly, they are going to be sitting on the bench for years until one or both of the other partnerships retire or split.
20 in october means he has 2 more jr seasons. Plus i expect both H/K and Adrian Diaz to retire at the end of next year. we shall see if smart tries to find a new partner. but the path is clear for them in Spain. Cyprus only has one spot for Jr worlds which will go to K/K. more opportunities in Spain for them.