2020-21 Russian Nationals: Pairs' Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Nationals: Pairs' Short Program

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
This was a great event. No disaster skates, a good amount of competition among the top teams. I'm bummed for M/G that they won't be in the final group for the FS, but excited for T/M to be back in first for now.

Pavliuchenko/Khodykin were the highlight for me!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
My faves here did not do good to my poor heart, but overall it was a good competition with great skates. I'm going to be dying of nerves when it's time for the FS :drama:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The protocols say that Sasha and Mitya's throw was a lutz, I am confusion. I'm probably going to ponder over it in bed. Thanks for keeping me company, see you lovely folks tomorrow :thank:

Idiote

On the Ice
IMG_20201224_180743.jpg

My cat wishes everyone a happy Christmas o/

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Hurrah for channel 1 that also ensured there was the possibility to watch soon after the event had finished. I always like Ted's commentary during the slomo images, and pretty pleased he's quiet during the skates. I enjoyed myself thoroughly during the whole event.

I was really happy for T/M who skated so well, best I've seen them in a long, long time. Yeah, Vladimir always is a bit bland, but Evgenia made up for that this evening. I'm pleased that they kept Bolero. A pity that B/K's skate had a small problem on the throw, but I still like to watch them. Those lines are beautiful. Their SBS elements are really something. P/K had a great skate, though I can't help it that to me Dennis looks like a big, big bear throwing a little elf around. Not that the little elf misses personality or can't do elements herself, she's really fierce, almost ferocious and in that sense they are great together. I felt really sorry voor M/G, although it was nice to see Anastasia comfort Alexandr afterwards. But it did mar an otherwise lovely programme (and it was costly). And P/R remain very good, but they must up their technical prowess (says someone who delights in their pair elements). Also, I'm in for more tango. Yay!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Merry Christmas everyone!

And I've just watched T/M! I was spoiled for yhe result because I had to look up their start number, but.

Yaaaaaassss :bow:

I love theeeeeem! 🥰

Maybe I'm not allowed to watch them live because they were back to their old selves again. :biggrin: