2021 Warsaw Cup: Women's Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2021 Warsaw Cup: Women's Free Skate

lurkerghost1

On the Ice
The real joke in scoring is that Maiia's TES went down only 3 points despite MANY q, <, and << jumps but somehow Wakaba's went down 6 points? Yes people will say different events different panels, and I will say different flags

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Let's look at it this way....

Real time TESReviewed TES
4Tq6.85 (9.50 - 2.65 GOE)5.51 (9.50 - 3.99 GOE)
4T<<+REP1.90 (6.65 - 4.75 GOE)0.84 (2.94 - 2.10 GOE)
3Lo<2.45 (4.90 - 2.45 GOE)1.96 (3.92 - 1.96 GOE)

Both the UR jumps were falls. Those are already at the maximum GOE penalty, and thus "additional GOE reduction due to UR" do not apply.

That downgraded jump also helps the appearance of losing less TES, because the factored GOE is based off the value of 3T instead of 4T.

readernick

Medalist
The real joke in scoring is that Maiia's TES went down only 3 points despite MANY q, <, and << jumps but somehow Wakaba's went down 6 points? Yes people will say different events different panels, and I will say different flags
I would say Lindsay was scored even harsher here than Wakaba was at her competition. She honestly had the two best skates of this competition and the judges managed to put her in 5th. It's almost funny. Very creative judging!

lurkerghost1

On the Ice
Let's look at it this way....

Real time TESReviewed TES
4Tq6.85 (9.50 - 2.65 GOE)5.51 (9.50 - 3.99 GOE)
4T<<+REP1.90 (6.65 - 4.75 GOE)0.84 (2.94 - 2.10 GOE)
3Lo<2.45 (4.90 - 2.45 GOE)1.96 (3.92 - 1.96 GOE)

Both the UR jumps were falls. Those are already at the maximum GOE penalty, and thus "additional GOE reduction due to UR" do not apply.

That downgraded jump also helps the appearance of losing less TES, because the factored GOE is based off the value of 3T instead of 4T.
several of her jump landings in the 2nd half were not clean and yet she got away with rotations on all of them. And it seems this 4Tq was less rotated by far than Wakaba's landed 3Aq, which would have resulted in further BV decrease. Between this and Kostornaia's 3A being called q but not her 3Lz which actually was (because 3A was a fall and 3Lz was landed) seems these calls are put where they hurt Alena and Maiia the least but were put on Wakaba's highest value passes which were not less rotated. The same situation as Mao's free skate 2014.

Long way of saying my point which is: might as well not bother calling fallen jumps underrotated because as the system works right now, you get a bigger GOE reduction for a landed q jump than a fallen UR jump.

Sackie

Medalist
After seeing Gabby Daleman skate here and do 2 OK performances is it possible that she may make it back to the Olympics. I know she won't be CAN #1 but doesn't CAN get to send 2 women to the Olympics for the team event?

lurkerghost1

On the Ice
After seeing Gabby Daleman skate here and do 2 OK performances is it possible that she may make it back to the Olympics. I know she won't be CAN #1 but doesn't CAN get to send 2 women to the Olympics for the team event?
no you don't get extra for the team event unless you qualified 2+ spots in the discipline outright.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jenni’s first 30 seconds were great. Then it was free skate, meet cliff.