2023 Grand Prix de France Women's Short Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2023 Grand Prix de France Women's Short Program

yyzskater

On the Ice
I'm sure all the skaters are stressed and in their own zone, but her poor sportsmanship was evident. A disappointing surprise.

(Perhaps sportsmanship is not the right word but I can't think of what else to call it)
Maybe mishandling of emotion?

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
These two girl in red jackets in audience are interesting. I heard from somebody they are French. They have been in many competitions in Finland, too.
Do you mean the ladies in my screenshot attached? Someone said they are twins (maybe fraternal twins). They were at Skate America this season. They are easy to spot in their matching coats!

Attachments

• BE40C375-42C0-4E67-B011-401FBB678B5C.jpeg
    BE40C375-42C0-4E67-B011-401FBB678B5C.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 48

Joekaz

On the Ice
And I don't think Isabeau is overscored today. Her triple lutz has been given a "!" so her TES has lowered from 39 to 38. As for her PCS, her Composition is the highest without any doubt because her program is the most complex among all programs today; her Presentation and Skating Skill are still equal to her performance. I don't know why there are many people saying Isabeau is overscored.
Probably because most of the others were judged pretty strictly in comparison. For instance Wakaba got an UR on a jump that was much more rotated than Isabeau's called clean combo. And she got higher skating skills than Wakaba which is ridiculous.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Haein Lee's score should be lower... Both of her triple flip and lutz should be given a "!". Gubanova's performance is on the top in my mind, but I can't understand why her pcs is extremely low. Are you kidding me with the 29 pcs of Gubanova?
How does a skater have a wrong edge for both flip and lutz? What's happening there?
I'm kinda ignorant with identifying incorrect edges, but I thought good SS meant u could do both lutz and flip (e.g. carolina kostner).

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
No man has ever been related to this particular plant in this way, o to any other. Men too have had their fair share of reverse sexism (like when they have to be "masculine" no matter what. Like when they can't express their feeling to not be deemed as not men enough or worse gay. Etc.) Also we refer to a non consistent skater as a cactus regardless of the gender, so don't make comparison that don't have reason to exist only because you got triggered by the Word sexist
As someone who grows both roses and cacti, I gotta say, plums and raspberries are also not huggable. They are all bad in their own unique way... gooseberries are the worst. I gave up on those. Lol. I will also be trying lisanthium next year, as in a rose without thorns!

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Do you mean the ladies in my screenshot attached? Someone said they are twins (maybe fraternal twins). They were at Skate America this season. They are easy to spot in their matching coats!
The lovely ladies are not twins, but sisters who are 10 years apart in age. I met their seatmate at Skate America, who enjoyed sitting with them, and filled me in on all the particulars.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
are you a twin, @TwinnerA ? just curious

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’m not sure where this dislike for Isabeau comes from. Yes, she has a wonky triple triple. But, besides that element, she has a killer program. It has got so many highlights and little fine touches. I’m happy she is in first place.

Haein, that step sequence was fire 🔥

Rion - I really thought she’d be the breakout star this year. Last year she deserved to make the GP finals and just missed out as first alternate with her two bronze medals. She is my favourite skater and I will be rooting for redemption tomorrow.

Wakaba - it was going so well till that double. I’m going to worry about her tomorrow as she seems to lose steam in the second half.

Kimmy 😭😭😭

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yesterday I saw almost the same jacket at the store - same color and material... I immediately thought of the French sister fans and said "I could get it and be triplets!" lol But I didn't get it after all.

discodisco

On the Ice
Well done Gubanova. That was easily the best technical skate so far, but the performance was wooden.
Really?! I thought she was very committed to that performance. The whole packaging was great. Very much into character, excellent movements that match the music. The only thing I would say is that the step sequence was notably simple compared to the others. But I think that there was a sophistication that really worked with this program!

discodisco

On the Ice
I still hate Levito’s program and its ignit choreography, but this was better than Skate America. She definitely still needs more speed, especially in the step

Haein LEE 🇰🇷
Sirens, The Drink from God

2A
3Lzq+3T< (holds on)
FCSp4
3Fq
SSp3
CCoSp4
StSq4

SP: 66.30 (2nd)

Some really nice theming in this program, I love the glittery net sleeves. It feels like it's pushing Haein artistically without shoving her outside of her comfort zone. But, of course, it's a Lori/Caro piece so it's gotta be good.
Gifted on those jump calls though. Was anything rotated? Very very slow as well. I'll have to look again, but first impression, there were some serious under rotations on the Lutz and the toe.

discodisco

On the Ice
Isabeau LEVITO 🇺🇸
Yearning by Raul Ferrando

3Lz+3T (holds on)
2A
FCSp4
3F
CCoSp4
StSq4
LSp4

SP:
Ridiculous score. Ridiculous. A very noticeable mistake in the middle of the step sequence which affected the rest of it. Also very clearly under rotated jumps. The toe was absolutely under rotated and should have been downgraded. 71 and change for this program was ridiculous.

discodisco

On the Ice
Protocols are up already.

Nastya's combo didn't end up downgraded or anything, it was called clean with +1.59 GOE.

Isabeau got a ! on her lutz which is correct, but I'm pretty sure that 3T was at least q....
Absolutely should have been downgraded. The Lots was on the quarter, and the toe was very much under rotated.

discodisco

On the Ice
I agree with the fact that the programme is a bit 'empty', but for example, i don't definitely agree with judge no 2 who gave her 6.25 for CO, and gave Janna 6.50, Kimmi 7.25 and Wakaba 8 in comparison.
Co was great. She was more committed to that program than just about anybody else tonight, and although the step sequence was decidedly weaker than many others, I thought that overall is a package this is a great program.

discodisco

On the Ice
Isabeau-3-T.jpg

It was. Out of six jump elements across two program, there have been big problems with the landings in three of them but zero called by the judges. It gives a massive advantage when a skater know they can make errors on half their jump elements but for it to have little effect on their score. Puts opponents under massive pressure because they have to be perfect to keep up.
Absolutely. Both Lee and levitos jumps head issues with rotation. I know she won silver at Worlds last year, but people are forgetting that this has been a chronic issue with her in the past as well. She would skate programs that look like they had no errors, and then get downgraded on more than half of her jumps. The same should have happened tonight. Both jumps in the combination should have been dinged, at least a quarter for the luts, and downgrade for the toe.

discodisco

On the Ice
And I don't think Isabeau is overscored today. Her triple lutz has been given a "!" so her TES has lowered from 39 to 38. As for her PCS, her Composition is the highest without any doubt because her program is the most complex among all programs today; her Presentation and Skating Skill are still equal to her performance. I don't know why there are many people saying Isabeau is overscored.
No for skating skills. Watch edges. Watch speed. Yes, there is a complexity there, but it comes at the expense of speed and flow. Don't get me wrong, I think she's great and I think her turn out on her jump Landings are absolutely to die for. But that score was way too high