2024 Canadian Nationals Senior Women SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2024 Canadian Nationals Senior Women SP

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Oh dear, not the boot issues for Breken. Also Katelyn recognizing the Quebec talent in this group.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
I have never seen Breken before, but I really enjoyed her skating. She performs quite well and looks like she loves skating, which is a pleasant change from a lot of skaters, who look uncomfortable during their programs. She has decent spins and basics as well. I love her name too!

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
As Katelyn just mentioned, it was really nice that Breken started her program with a spin, rather than her combination. So many programs are so formulaic, in terms of the order of elements.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
What a shame about the popped flip! :( Justine did well otherwise, and the program was well choreographed and performed. Hopefully she'll be able to climb the rankings in the FS.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Great job, Marie-France! :) It's so nice to finally see a skater be happy with her performance. She seemed a bit slow and tentative, but it was a solid skate, and she's a well-rounded skater.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Too bad about the pop, especially after the solid 3-3 to start! :( I didn't find the program terribly engaging though, and I definitely did not like that version of Toxic.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
That was a pretty solid skate, other than the fall on the combination. She needs to keep working on her performance skills in order to match the energy of the music.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
I like this short from Audreanne. Shame about the fall, hopefully she does well in the free tomorrow. I want her to get international experience.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Good job, Uliana - clean skate, with a 3-3 in the second half! :) However, outside of the jumps and spins, I found her skating really lacking, and I started to space out. She had basically zero performance, and the choreography made no sense and was only half-heartedly performed.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
I'd like to see Uliana try a different style for her programs, she looked so happy off the ice at Challenge. I was wondering if less serious/intense music would help her presentation.

Solid technical jumps, I'd like to see her try for the senior minimums so that there'd at least be an alternate.