In a class of his own: Orser owned 2013-14 season | Page 7 | Golden Skate

In a class of his own: Orser owned 2013-14 season

pec0

Match Penalty
You make it sound like she's somekind of medicine that you have to take it because the doctor has ordered you. :rolleye:
We can very well talk about Orser without thinking of the "Queen". He was a very well known skater before she was even born.

No. the Queen is the most significant work of Mr.Orser undoubtedly. After the Queen, the descipline of ladies single completely changed. If you see the influence, Hanyu or Fernandez or any other students of his will mean nothing in history of the sports.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
No. the Queen is the most significant work of Mr.Orser undoubtedly. After the Queen, the descipline of ladies single completely changed. If you see the influence, Hanyu or Fernandez or any other students of his will mean nothing in history of the sports.
Well, you can call her by her real name instead of her nick-name, I feel so embarrassing :slink:

figureskateobasan

On the Ice

You make it sound like she's a God. well, whatever makes you happy.

Alba

Record Breaker
No. the Queen is the most significant work of Mr.Orser undoubtedly. After the Queen, the descipline of ladies single completely changed.

I said he was a very well known skater before she was even born. I was lucky enough to see him skate, so thank you for your suggestion but no. I can very well talk about him without necessary thinking about her. It's not like she invented him.

If you see the influence, Hanyu or Fernandez or any other students of his will mean nothing in history of the sports

WOW! You really do see the future don't you? :laugh:

pec0

Match Penalty
I said he was a very well known skater before she was even born. I was lucky enough to see him skate, so thank you for your suggestion but no. I can very well talk about him without necessary thinking about her. It's not like she invented him.

WOW! You really do see the future don't you? :laugh:

Seeing the thread title, I thought the theme here is his career as coach or producer.
And I think I know what's going to happen in next 4 years.

Alba

Record Breaker
Seeing the thread title, I thought the theme here is his career as coach or producer.
And I think I know what's going to happen in next 4 years.

I thought Yuna was goddess regardless of him being his coach or not. :confused:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Don't mess with pec0, his/her logic is the most incomprehensible you will ever stumble against. Comparing to him/her, Skyfly is so cute. :popcorn:

pec0

Match Penalty
Yes, yes, no one means anything in figure skating history beside Yuna Kim ....

:rofl:

Yes her impact is just like that. I read that the international judges now think as you say in Korean major newspapers. The Queen is super goddess and her performance is the model of all figure skaters.

cooper

Medalist
Yes her impact is just like that. I read that the international judges now think as you say in Korean major newspapers. The Queen is super goddess and her performance is the model of all figure skaters.

I cannot find my recent post. I remember I put one somewhere. Did you erase my post? Admin would warn at least to delete posts.

i can read your intention here.. you're trying to sabotage this thread and to keep on trolling and to start this "hating on yuna bandwagon.." but good job at least some posters fell on your trap..

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I cannot find my recent post. I remember I put one somewhere. Did you erase my post? Admin would warn at least to delete posts.

The admins control the past while you clearly come from the future. Communication is impossible. :)

pec0

Match Penalty
i can read your intention here.. you're trying to sabotage this thread and to keep on trolling and to start this "hating on yuna bandwagon.." but good job at least some posters fell on your trap..

I think you did it. You are Queen's lawyer.
I am quiet and peaceful person.
Trolling and sabotage?? Lawyers are horrible.

Alba

Record Breaker
Don't mess with pec0, his/her logic is the most incomprehensible you will ever stumble against. Comparing to him/her, Skyfly is so cute. :popcorn:

OMG now I remember. Sorry it's my fault.
I totally forgot that it's the same person who said that FS should be eliminated from the Olympic because Mao didn't won. :laugh:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Heh! Anyone who is familiar with pec0's post history will have know he/she is a Korea/Kim anti. The latest shenanigan is nothing more than pathetic trolling ... can't believe people are falling for it! :sarcasm:

Why are you basing "person of the YEAR" recognition just on a single event - the Olympics LP performance? Yes, this was an Olympic season, but what about the Euros? The Olympics SP? The Worlds? The Junior Worlds? It appears the point you're making is that Orser's two pupils didn't skate "the lights out" at the Olympics LP, or produce (by your opinion) great, artistic programs like V/M or D/W, and thus it doesn't equal a "miraculous transformation" and "double whammy".

If it was just Hanyu winning the Olympics despite a flawed performance, Orser wouldn't have gotten this recognition. If it was just Hanyu winning Olympics, Worlds, and Grand Prix, Orser wouldn't have gotten the recognition. But when you have several of his male pupils (the other two who weren't flawless diamonds half-polished) together sweeping the awards podium (not one, not two, not three) this season, it's is quite a feat .

Again, you are putting words in my mouth. I cited Olympic LP as an example because it is the culmination event this season where mens figure skating have been building 4 years leading up to. Where did I say other events are not significant? Great moments are possible because of great opportunities, and the Olympics provide the rarest opportunities in any athlete's life. Coaching's tasks certainly includes make sure their skater can deliver mentally at the biggest highest pressured event, why is it so hard to understand? Ice Network have their own criteria, you have yours, I have mine and gave my reasons why.

As much as I appreciate Hanyu's incredible talent, I am sure I am not the only one who noted the crazy PCS inflation that saw them grew from last seasons for performances that imo lacks musicality, interpretation, projection, maturity compare to his previous Romeo & Juliet program where everything has been streamlined now to focus entirely on jumps and COP number crunching. It seems ISU owes JSF a gold medal for many years of financial contribution, and with Dai being injury prone these last 18 months, Mao less of a guarantee since they want to push for a Russia OGM, Hanyu get promoted as Japan's No.1 great hope that benefit from ridiculous PCS boost even when he went a bit iffy on the day starting from the Japanese Nationals 2012 (Corrected year) FS against a perfect Daisuke who skated the lights out out. However he is just so darn nice boy, gracious and adorable off ice, so people just don't complain too much unlike they did with PChan.

90s in PCS for the men used to require something extraordinary and amazing but you'd never guess from watching the 90s from the Yuzuru, Machida and Javier this season. PCS these days might as well be renamed as Political Compensation Special. Hanyu's LP PCS last world championship 2013 was 80, this year at Olympics was 90, and 92 by worlds '14 despite how he skated. Exactly same SP last year was 40+, this year 46+. Machida also received 90s at worlds for that Fire bird which is all sort of cliche done lukewarm at best, which previous seasons should receive no higher than 80, but Worlds is in Japan and the fact Machida skated no lesser than Hanyu that day. I bet PCS will be awarded more accurately and fairly by an NON ISU/federation affiliated panel and arguably should be if this is true fair sport where agenda and politics should not matter.

Antilopa

On the Ice
I see, os168 is Russia/Japan anti. The latest shenanigan is nothing more than pathetic trolling.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I see, os168 is Russia/Japan anti. The latest shenanigan is nothing more than pathetic trolling.

Heh.. if so I went to remarkable length to hide my 'true agenda' include hundreds of posts over the years hyping up Julia, Liza, Hanyu since they were juniors and argue why Dai's and Akiko's PCS is underscored, as as well being adopted by Russian who lives 15 minutes away from the Kremlin as their sole Chinese sister ;P Oh given my friend found one of the first Miyasaki website in the English language, guess who helped him. I am the biggest troll ever :)