You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When... | Page 41 | Golden Skate

You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When...

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Keegan may be able to skate in US summer comps, but even if it were not a club comp, it would sadly not be Philly. His Twitter account answered a question saying he would not be coming back (he used to skate at Liberty, I think as an American) as it was too far.

:cry:
Then I guess the Skating Club of Boston is too far as well🥲

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Moonvine, Lisa Sears from Ice Works called me back yesterday! She confirmed that the Summer Competition @ Ice Works will NOT be an international competition this time around (travel protocols, etc. being an issue). Most of the competitors will probably be from the East Coast. The competition will start on Tuesday of the last full week of July, with basic skills, & the other early levels of competitors competing there. That Wednesday the collegiate competitors will begin their competitions. The whole competition will go through that Saturday. She said that she will have more information from July 9 on.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Moonvine, Lisa Sears from Ice Works called me back yesterday! She confirmed that the Summer Competition @ Ice Works will NOT be an international competition this time around (travel protocols, etc. being an issue). Most of the competitors will probably be from the East Coast. The competition will start on Tuesday of the last full week of July, with basic skills, & the other early levels of competitors competing there. That Wednesday the collegiate competitors will begin their competitions. The whole competition will go through that Saturday. She said that she will have more information from July 9 on.
Thank you! It looks like I am off to Skating Club of Boston to the Cranberry International to see Gracie. Hopefully next year the International competition will be back.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
...when you watch an episode of "Enemy At The Door" with your parents, and your Mum recognises one of the actresses for being in one of the soaps. So, come the end of the programme, you read the credits to find out her name, and then look up what she was in. And when you see her name, you immediately think of a skater with a similar name.

Diana Davies (actress, born 1936)

Diana Davis (Ice Dancer, born 2003)

CaroLiza_fan

No matter how many times you've watched and re watched your favourite skaters and programs you spend time on Youtube looking them up to watch again...you even look back to skaters from the "old school" of figure skating before your time....
Oh yes! I have my favorite programs too!🤩 The ones that make me smile no matter how many times I’ve watched them🥰 I like to think of them as my “comfort programs.”😂

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
When you are watching the Opening Ceremonies of the Tokyo Olympics and ask yourself: "Wasn't that Shizuka Arakawa that just threw that switch?" I'm still not sure if it really was but I did find a comment online that said she took part in one of the skits.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Oh yes! I have my favorite programs too!🤩 The ones that make me smile no matter how many times I’ve watched them🥰 I like to think of them as my “comfort programs.”😂
There is an utterly unremarkable program from an utterly unremarkable competition with nothing objectively special about it at all, but I swear, it never fails to make me happy. I must have watched that program over a hundred times and I haven't tired of it yet. 🥰

Thanks for the confirmation. I was hoping someone would let me know if I was correct.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
You know you are a Figure Skating Fan when your 2 pairs of figure skates sit in your closet waiting for you to return to a rink, someday....