You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When... | Page 43 | Golden Skate

You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When...

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When you get confused whenever your non-skater friends refer to the Summer Olympics without saying "summer" because the only Olympics you watch are the winter ones.

I can relate to that! :biggrin:

And when your non-skater friends get confused when you talk about the Winter Olympics without saying "winter", because as far as you are concerned the winter ones are the only Olympics.

CaroLiza_fan

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When you know where the secret exit door is to the arena and rush there right after the gala just so you can give stuffed animals to your favorite skaters. Still can't believe this actually applies to me.😭😭😭

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
When you're wearing a hoodie with Savchenko/Massot pictured in front and your fellow students (of skating) don't even make a remark about it. Granted, your trainer does, but still....

Attachments

• 249480581_4514006721980431_617882195262935363_n.jpg
    249480581_4514006721980431_617882195262935363_n.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 113

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When you're wearing a hoodie with Savchenko/Massot pictured in front and your fellow students (of skating) don't even make a remark about it. Granted, your trainer does, but still....

Cool!

Did you get that made specially, or buy it like that?

And what did your trainer say? I hope they approved of the choice of skaters! ;)

I once got a T-shirt made with my then GS Avatar (Liza and Adelina) as a small chest patch on the front of it, and a list of Russian-born that skaters I liked on the back of it. But, I've never worn it.

To be honest, I didn't like it. I wanted it done on a black T-shirt, because I only ever wear black T-shirts. But the shop owner refused, and said it needed to be done on a white T-shirt. So, I had to go with that.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
...when you make out predictions for the Pairs competition at the latest Challenger event, even though the Pairs category at the event does not have the same Challenger status as the other Senior categories and, hence, isn't included in the Predictions Contest.

Unfortunately, this situation is arising too often.

Equality For Pairs!!!

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Cool!

Did you get that made specially, or buy it like that?

And what did your trainer say? I hope they approved of the choice of skaters! ;)

I once got a T-shirt made with my then GS Avatar (Liza and Adelina) as a small chest patch on the front of it, and a list of Russian-born that skaters I liked on the back of it. But, I've never worn it.

To be honest, I didn't like it. I wanted it done on a black T-shirt, because I only ever wear black T-shirts. But the shop owner refused, and said it needed to be done on a white T-shirt. So, I had to go with that.

CaroLiza_fan
You can also get them in black. I bought it online. I can send the link by PM if you like.

My trainer thought it was a wonderful hoodie and recognised Aljona and Bruno immediately!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You can also get them in black. I bought it online. I can send the link by PM if you like.

Nay, I'm not one for hoodies. I was just curious to know if they had a range of merchandise. Not many skaters do, and when I saw your post, it started me wondering if selling merchandise could work as a source of additional funding. Or, if it would be too costly to produce.

My trainer thought it was a wonderful hoodie and recognised Aljona and Bruno immediately!

Good to hear that you are being trained by somebody who appreciates quality. ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nay, I'm not one for hoodies. I was just curious to know if they had a range of merchandise. Not many skaters do, and when I saw your post, it started me wondering if selling merchandise could work as a source of additional funding. Or, if it would be too costly to produce.

Good to hear that you are being trained by somebody who appreciates quality. ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Jason used to have a line of merchandise but I can’t find it now. @el_henry do you know? and Alexa Knierim sells skate bags she designed. T-shirts, sweat shirts, etc can be printed on demand.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
...when it's 31st October (i.e. Hallowe'en), and while you are watching the last segments of the Denis Ten Memorial on the computer, you are taping a film on the TV, because it has a figure skating theme to it.

The thing that is strange about this is that it was not only a TV film, but it was a Christmas film! :eek:

I am one of those people that strongly believes that all mention of Christmas should be banned until after Hallowe'en is over. And preferably banned until December too!

So, it'll not surprise you to hear that I'm not the sort of person who normally watches Christmas films. True, there are some good ones. But there are a lot that are just awful. Largely because they are TV films.

I try not to be snobbish when selecting films to watch. Hey, my favourite Christmas film of all, "The Snowman", was made for Channel 4. But, of the ones I have watched (and attempted to watch), you can see why they didn't make it to the big screen.

Maybe this one, "Christmas At The Palace", will be OK. But, from what I could see when trimming out the adverts, I am not holding out much hope.

CaroLiza_fan

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason used to have a line of merchandise but I can’t find it now. @el_henry do you know? and Alexa Knierim sells skate bags she designed. T-shirts, sweat shirts, etc can be printed on demand.

Jason has probably discontinued the march; that was offered with his old agent and also featured the ponytail. So I better treat my t-shirt and sweatshirt well, even if no one outside a rink has any idea who it is:biggrin:

You can however get this USA Olympic jacket modeled by Jason for a mere $1800. (yes that's one thousand eight hundred. I found the price on Facebook :eek:).

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Our rec-centre is closing for a year for renovations, so I’m majorly screwed, but they sell skating classes, so I decided better something than nothing.

My husband’s reaction: make sure you tell them from the start that your goal is a quad by May.
Me: for that price, it better be quad Axel.

…he gets it via osmosis 😂😅

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason has probably discontinued the march; that was offered with his old agent and also featured the ponytail. So I better treat my t-shirt and sweatshirt well, even if no one outside a rink has any idea who it is:biggrin:

You can however get this USA Olympic jacket modeled by Jason for a mere $1800. (yes that's one thousand eight hundred. I found the price on Facebook :eek:).

He also had “no ponytail no problem.”