Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 192 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Meoima

Match Penalty
This is probably redundant but it needs to be stated again:

One of the many reasons why Yulia is my favorite is because of the intricacies and details of every movement of every second she's on the ice. Truly amazing!
She's art on ice. And some people said she has bad posture. And I was like :unsure: wut? Bad posture? Yulia??? They mistook her with Elena Radionova or something?

grantrf98

On the Ice
She's art on ice. And some people said she has bad posture. And I was like :unsure: wut? Bad posture? Yulia??? They mistook her with Elena Radionova or something?

I wouldn't say Elena has "bad" posture, but it certainly isn't the best...Yulia definitely has one of the better postures out there so those people are indeed "haters".

Art on ice... One of the best ways to describe her. That's the reason why I got interested into this sport because she has the ability to express her emotions exquisitely on the ice.

alebi

Medalist
I have the feeling that Yulia will skip Euros. Not because of a bad show at National but because RusFed forced her during GP but now they can give her the time she deserves. For me it isn't even a bad thing... she can rest a bit, she won't feel any pressure (which is bigger when you don't feel 100% ready) and she'll have all the time she need until the Russian Cup in February. So at Worlds..... she'll rock!! :rock:

Alba

Record Breaker
I have the feeling that Yulia will skip Euros. Not because of a bad show at National but because RusFed forced her during GP but now they can give her the time she deserves. For me it isn't even a bad thing... she can rest a bit, she won't feel any pressure (which is bigger when you don't feel 100% ready) and she'll have all the time she need until the Russian Cup in February. So at Worlds..... she'll rock!! :rock:

I agree. I just want she has a good skates at Nationals and then go at Worlds.
Afterall, worlds it's what she wants, IMO.

alebi

Medalist
Obviously we want to see Yulia everytime we can, but it's clear that she's stressed now. On the other hand Russia has so many valid alternatives for Euros, so if they are fair they can let Yulia take a break (sometimes you don't need an evident injury in order to rest).

Well... if she's the one who expresses the feeling to join Euros and test her condition, I won't be upset either way :)

Alba

Record Breaker
Obviously we want to see Yulia everytime we can, but it's clear that she's stressed now. On the other hand Russia has so many valid alternatives for Euros, so if they are fair they can let Yulia take a break (sometimes you don't need an evident injury in order to rest).

She already won the Euros. So I don't think she is yearning to go there. Not this season anyway, although you never know with her. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think she might need to participate in as many competitions as possible. Senior B might be an option.

Alba

Record Breaker
"... wrote Spielberg, waiting for a failure? ..." Did she write to Spielberg? :confused: Google bad again? :scratch:

It's google bad. That's why I put that part about the dress only.
Some articles are much better with google, I don't know why. But some are terrible, like this one.
I was curious to know what she was saying about her jumps and LP, but I couldn't understand.

Alba

Record Breaker
I think she might need to participate in as many competitions as possible. Senior B might be an option.

She did partecipated in all her competitions so far and didn't help that much. So it's not that good to push to much either. B's would be fine, but I agree with alebi about Euros.
Although, I don't know if missing the Euros would damage her in terms of rep.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
"... wrote Spielberg, waiting for a failure? ..." Did she write to Spielberg? :confused: Google bad again? :scratch:

The other way around. Spielberg has wrote to her. At least that's mentioned in this article :)

Alba

Record Breaker
The other way around. Spielberg has wrote to her. At least that's mentioned in this article :)

And that's what happened in reality, but I though you knew about that Yamina?

Snow, what is she saying in the end about her jumps/LP ?

Yamita

On the Ice
... Art on ice... One of the best ways to describe her. That's the reason why I got interested into this sport because she has the ability to express her emotions exquisitely on the ice.
:agree: Her skating moves me because of her artistry, beauty, persistence, perfectionism, youth, fragility, and other things beyond I can explain.

Meoima

Match Penalty
She did partecipated in all her competitions so far and didn't help that much. So it's not that good to push to much either. B's would be fine, but I agree with alebi about Euros.
Although, I don't know if missing the Euros would damage her in terms of rep.
Senior B with less stress, pressure and less powerful rivals might be helpful IMO.

Last edited: