2021 Skate America: Women's Free Skate | Page 42 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate America: Women's Free Skate

withwings

On the Ice
This was a great competition overall. 7 out of 12 girls scored 200+ and Kim Yelim just missed the cutoff. The last group especially were top-notch. Questionable programs, but still good overall skating. I think Shin was the only one who fell.
IMHO Audrey Shin has a great potential and is a beautiful skater. I love her intense and sublime skating style a lot. In my eyes she is potentially better than few other skaters who are ranked higher at this point of time ( though they are ranked higher very deservedly!).

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yes, but without the quad she still had the most difficult tech out there. Two 3+3s in the latter half + a Lutz.
Taking a look at the judges scores and her technical content, it wasn't scored extremely high. I think it was more of a reaction I had seeing an 85 with only 1 quad.

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
I hope she can be a better and more consistent jumper. She could score so well if she would. She is so lovely to watch!
Yes definitely. She is my favourite out of the US ladies to watch. I really hope she can get her jumps together. She has a magical quality to her skating.

Daria's music will take some getting used to. We don't often hear a woman's voice on that tenor aria.

Joekaz

On the Ice
Great competition! I enjoyed Satoko and Kaori the most.
They were both great, despite Satoko's URs. I still don't understand how Satoko had 2 pts LESS than Kaori in PCS though. Judging was pretty good overall, but that's just stupid. Lol

eterialskating

On the Ice
Without the quad lutz, she would have been still around 80. That is still a very high score.
What are you complaining about lots of women get 150+ without even landing a quad. She gets very good GOE's on her jumps as well as the best jumper in the ladies tour. So no I don't understand why anyone is trying to make scandal out of this.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
That's just the Technical Panel doing their jobs. They have nothing to do with GOE (except mandatory reduction) and PCS.
Nor it has our observation about it, because we were not in the arena to have the same impression as the judges about GOE and PCS

Last edited:

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
Beautiful dress for a nocturne
It is a beautiful dress; however just to clarify that the moonlight sonata is technically a sonata and not a nocturne. I have a music degree so I feel like I can say this without sounding ridiculous. I hope you don't mind. Sonata follows a specific ABA pattern and is common with many instruments whereas a nocturne is a composition usually written in the romantic period (roughly 1820 to 1900 - like Chopin's nocturnes), which have characteristics that remind the listener of nighttime (light breeze, dreamlike, vulnerable). These are mainly written for piano.

eterialskating

On the Ice
Rightly so.
No one in these field is even close to her elegance and musicality. At her best she's better than Shcherbakova , Kostornaia and Valieva for me. Never mind Sasha or judges favorite God knows why Tuktamysheva. So comparing her to some run of the mill American competitor does not sit well with me.