2016 Rostelecom Cup Free Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup Free Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
G/F are definitely a step up from what we've seen. It's 1992 all over again. I'll give them this: it was a much more controlled performance from the last outing. Not my cuppa, but it has its qualities.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
It's the rock I live under. That and I don't even follow football that's set in NA. We do get the big Euro teams like Madrid and the British teams on Tv sometimes. But really this close to the US it's american football all afternoon sat and sun (college then NFL) I don't like either.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI

She's in a white musical note dress and he's in black exept for one sleeve that matches her dress :palmf:. Skating to Nutcracker (so many better costume opportunities :palmf:). First team whose twizzle's I've noticed in a positive way. The choreo doesn't make great use of the highlights in the music. Slight stumble on crossovers from her. They look excited at the end

Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI 102.73/170.45
Tiffany ZAHORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO 92.67/156.95
Elliana POGREBINSKY / Alex BENOIT 90.99/153.92
Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN 89.70/152.52
Alisa AGAFONOVA / Alper UCAR 84.59/143.90
Sofia E VDOKIMOVA / Egor BAZIN 77.54/133.37
Viktoria KAVALIOVA / Yurii BIELIAIEV 74.91/129.55

Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV
Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I loved parts of that, especially the start. Then other parts didn't fit the music e.g. the upside down lift. Not sure if ballet music suits ice dance at all really. They have to skate through too many peaks of the music.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I just love seeing Fusar-Poli in the K&C. :luv17:

BlueOrange

On the Ice
Notes are really increasing like crazy. I can remeber the CoC 2014/2015 where PapCiz were first with 160 pts.

Last edited:

moon

On the Ice
Z/G getting 8.0 in skating skills is absolutely laughable especially compared to F-B/S receiving 7.61. There is no comparison

tulosai

Record Breaker
I don't love that program but these two have a really great presence on the ice, I really find myself drawn to them.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Upside-down spinny lift got me like :eeking: (I suppose the proper term would be "vertical rotational lift", but I like upside-down spinny lift better.)

Unpopular: I actually like this "Four Seasons" more than WeaPo's #artseh version.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
That last lift makes my neck hurt just watching it.

I really like this music and it suits them. So dramatic.

I really should have gone with my head and not my heart on my ice dance picks.

andromache

Record Breaker
I really like B/S's FD and seeing how thrilled the crowd is.

I just always find myself wishing that their movements were a little more sharp and fluid.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Plugging in the failed Sochi free skate to the '4 Seasons' here.

Subtle, Zhulin.