2018 Lombardia Trophy Ladies Free Skate | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018 Lombardia Trophy Ladies Free Skate

Caustica

Final Flight
Props to Liza for going for the 3A, and the setup for that is thankfully shorter than what it was in 2015. Her jump layout is just so inefficiently constructed, though, the mind boggles. Only repeating one triple - not doing a 3F - only doing one combo in the second half, even though another combo is done right before the second half (why not just switch 2A+3T with 3Lo?). Hopefully her team will optimise it for future competitions...

The program itself is what I would expect from Liza - she has her own style and very clear defects.

Won't comment on the scoring - this event is notorious for it, so I don't think it's necessarily indicative...

lusk8

Record Breaker
Well done Kaori, what a recovery, she looked better as she stepped on the ice compared to yesterday. Less nervous. Sill not jumping as well as she can but her skating is beautiful and it showed.

Russian 1 and 2, great! Liza is such a great jumper but her jumping layout should do more to help her get better scores (just a 3A as great as that is will not be enough against a field that overall has better components and transitions), really liked her costume. I liked Sostokova's SP a lot from test skates, still have to see how she does in competition but that I feel that she handles components, steps and so on better. Would be super nice to see Liza at Worlds and GP Finals.

Still early, and not a great competition to extrapolate from due to past records, but I was impressed with the PCS numbers handed out, looking at them I'd say this will be a great season for both Alina and Zhenya, if they are clean and consistent even more so.

temadd

Final Flight
My biggest problem with Liza is her perpetually tentative arms. In the approach to all her jumps her arms hang droopy and it makes her look very unsure and out of synch with the program. I find it to be very distracting which is unfortunate because once she is in the air it is so beautiful.

lusk8

Record Breaker
And looking at judges protocols for the FS: Liza's 3Lz and Kaori's 3Lz got the exact same GOE too.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Liza looked happy with her performance- if she’s happy, I’m happy!

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Kaori's LP with the Piano + Wild Side. I love both music but not sure when they are combined... I think I wish the music was just one of them throughout.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Liza could actually be the #1 Russian this season if Evgenia and Alina skate like they did at the test skates. The judges are remarkably generous with her components (she has a lot of charisma, but the two foot skating and poor choreo just KILL me) and the spin GOEs.
Yes, too much two foot skating. But she's trying to move her body more, to change her center of gravity. I think they're trying to build her confidence again at this point in time. Also with the jump layout. I have no doubt that this program is going to get more difficult if she continues to be successful this season.

My biggest problem with Liza is her perpetually tentative arms. In the approach to all her jumps her arms hang droopy and it makes her look very unsure and out of synch with the program. I find it to be very distracting which is unfortunate because once she is in the air it is so beautiful.
Hmm, tentative arms ... I would call it soft arms. I like it, it's different, it looks easy ... and that :eeking: big jump! And her jumps look better than ever, fabulous!

pearly

Record Breaker
Liza's choreo is very basic, literally anyone who's seen skating once could come up with that. Zero thought was put into it.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Liza's choreo is very basic, literally anyone who's seen skating once could come up with that. Zero thought was put into it.
I bet they're planning to change the jump layout a couple of times, so basic choreo is good if you're planning to do that. ;)