2020-21 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes

hanca

Record Breaker
Stanislava Vislobokova/Dmitrii Ialin have apparently split. I know they only did one competition together and it's not shocking but I thought I'd put it here.
I think it was more shocking that Ialin was willing to skate with her even though he must have seen how much she was struggling with jumps the whole past year. One could think that maybe she was just nervous during competitions and landing it atvthe practice, but if Briukhanov gave up on her, that sort of suggested that with his insiders knowledge (seeing her not landing it every day at their practices) he must have thought it was a lost case.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
I think it was more shocking that Ialin was willing to skate with her even though he must have seen how much she was struggling with jumps the whole past year. One could think that maybe she was just nervous during competitions and landing it atvthe practice, but if Briukhanov gave up on her, that sort of suggested that with his insiders knowledge (seeing her not landing it every day at their practices) he must have thought it was a lost case.
Vislobokova was the one that ended the partnership. Shocking on the surface, but there must have been a resaon. Alexei did say that she landed things in training and had trouble in competition, but he was quite kind in terms of how she held him back. My guess would be that there was absolutely zero chemistry going on with V/B (heightened by the fact that they skated to ROMEO AND JULIET) and STanislava felt that she did not connect with him. Either that, or Stanislava (or her parents, for that matter) could not accept being last place at nationals. He said that it was after the junior championships, so perhaps it was a rash decision that they made about the partner being the problem, while she was quite lucky that he was willing to stick around with her.

" It is difficult to say unequivocally, everyone somewhere makes a mistake at some stage. Stanislava often could not overcome herself in competitions. In training, everything worked out, but at the starts it was not possible to get together psychologically. It got in the way, of course. The breakup of our couple is Stanislava's decision. After the Russian championship (February 2020 - Match TV), she thought it would be better this way."

I do agree that I am surprised Ialin agreed to work with her. Her pair elements are great, and she is more experienced and on the smaller side, but her jumps are truly quite a lost hope. The fact that they got together so quickly likely indicates there was not much of a choice. Ialin's height and Vislobokova's jumping makes it difficult depsite their other qualities.

I'd also like to ask for the link to the Russian icepartnersearch page? I have found another page but it doesn't seem to fit the things that people talk about. And when did Ialin's resume get posted?

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
While we're on it, @hanca has seen that Mukhametzianova/Mironov split, also expected sadly. The forum is quite an interesting place, and it has never been wrong in my experience.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ The most recent TSL included some comments about the Brynne/T.J. pairing by Dave Lease who's never constrained about spreading gossip, or putting his spin on things. LOL!

And then as @ice coverage has mentioned in a post in the U.S. pairs thread, Mark Sadusky recently posted an Instastory with words and emojis that seems to be an upbeat clapback on DL and TSL.

Could you elaborate so I can edit them into the OP? :] A new US pair, I presume?
The post by Dalilah:

In the accompanying clips of T.J. & Brynne stroking around the ice and doing three turns into sbs 3-salchows, they look good together. I hope Mark is able to find a new partner.

Last edited:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Zhang Hao is officially retired.

He is a teacher in Beijing Sport Uni now

But Xiaoyu Yu keeps skating, right? I think she teamed up with a new partner a while back.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I am so sorry to hear Utana/Shingo's split. Many of old skating fans in Japan believed this team is a gem, the future of Ice dance in our country, thought they do have a good chance to take the national title in their debut season 2021-22 at the earliest, thus looked forward to seeing the battle among Team KoKo, Uta/Shin and Kana/Dai;;; They are still young, hope both will continue skate and each will find a good parter soon. Good luck to them.

Re Kana/Dai: Even though they maybe a junior level as people say, I pretty much enjoyed their two showings in December.
I'm not sure if this wording makes sense/is appropriate, oh poor my English, but at J-Nats they skated SD like a cornered mouse, or, as if their tails are on fire due to the accident 5 hours ealier (Kana's injury). I thought I could see a fire in Dai's eyes, a competitive fire; something we missed since his Sonatine SP at NHK Trophy in 2013-14 season.
Hopefully they will keep their lovely La Bayadale FD for next season. I want to see a clean program!
Kana is probably miles ahead of Dai technique/skill-wise now, but they match so well performance-wise I thought. Her musicality and versatility is on par with Daisuke.
Here's my wish. I truly wish Dai will continue Ice dance beyond 2022. Will be a shame if this is only a 2-year project.

Last edited: