2023-24 Federation Cup Final | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Federation Cup Final

Skating91

Medalist
Too bad about the fall on the lutz I however enjoyed it. She completed the other jumps cleanly but you can tell it is a struggle for her now. Hopefully she can develop more strength next season but likely it will become even more difficult.

Arwen17

Final Flight
my brain is so confused by the scores. It seems like the judges just said "You're going later instead of early? Cool. Here's more points just for going later."

Skating91

Medalist
I was wrong on this one.. Margo will be the first girl to skate again.. Who could have thought of that?!
Incredible. She has such weapons she can go from last to first though which would be extraordinary in any normal event.

It also highlights the high level of this competition today.

Arwen17

Final Flight
I was wrong on this one.. Margo will be the first girl to skate again.. Who could have thought of that?!
I think its crazy that because she fell on a 3A, she falls into last place? Whaaa? I still think its because she had the bad luck of going first. Judges apparently always hold back on points if you're early in the list vs later in the list.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I think its crazy that because she fell on a 3A, she falls into last place? Whaaa? I still think its because she had the bad luck of going first. Judges apparently always hold back on points if you're early in the list vs later in the list.
Falling on the 3A in juniors = losing a combo.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I actually disagree here. Of the top 6, 4 skated in the first group.

Despite the fall (and her PCS honestly, without offense, not being the strongest in this field), Margarita still has the fourth-highest PCS. Compared to Nationals, losing the combination lost her 10.6 in TES alone (the points of the 3T, the + GOE) plus the fall deduction, so her score without it would have been 73.8, just 0.5 points lower than at Nationals.

alix15

On the Ice
Country
France
Can’t wait to see how Margo will behave tomorrow and deal with the last place. Is she gonna take her revenge or will she fall under the pressure ?

katymay

Medalist
It's never really worth it in juniors but Margarita is so stable with it. I expect her to easily win tomorrow anyway.
Margarita looks ill, dark circles under her eyes, and eyes all watery-cold or allergy or something. (Even so, even with the missed combo, she is a wonderful talent) Royal blue dress is gorgeous. And thank you Margarita for not skating in a long ugly skirt.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Here's one of the best men's programs of the season. Makar ditched the 3F+3Lo. The costume also seems to be new. Spins could be a little better.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Record Breaker
Woah, Prineva is blooming. The intrinsic talent is unbelievable. How did she get such light landings all of a sudden?? Her extensions are SO beautiful - the most impressive in juniors currently. Easily the skate of the night to me.

Dvoeglazova seems very sincere; very relatable and heartfelt skating. My favourite junior and I really like her SP in general.

Hoping Dvoeglazova wins. I dont see a Bazyluk gold as unlikely though. I'd be surprised if one of them two dont take it.

katymay

Medalist
Woah, Prineva is blooming. The intrinsic talent is unbelievable. How did she get such light landings all of a sudden?? Her extensions are SO beautiful - the most impressive in juniors currently. Easily the skate of the night to me.

Dvoeglazova seems very sincere; very relatable and heartfelt skating. My favourite junior and I really like her SP in general.

Hoping Dvoeglazova wins. I dont see a Bazyluk gold as unlikely though. I'd be surprised if one of them two dont take it.
Everyone was good, but IMO Prineva knocked it out of the park. Huge beautiful jumps and she skated with such confidence. Also loved the Billy Eilish program, unique and interesting choreography. The top three were all better than what we will see at Worlds-including senior level skating skills.