2023 NextGen Team Camp - Competition Simulation | July 22-24 | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2023 NextGen Team Camp - Competition Simulation | July 22-24

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yeah, I liked them too. Brother-sister duos are really neat usually particularly in juniors
i was impressed by how they skated to this emo-lyrical piece that could be so "romantic" but made it their own without making it weird for siblings.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Nice spread eagle, and really decent flexibility for a junior man. Honestly have no idea what this program is about, but I'm not sure evoking military associations is the best choice in the current political climate šŸ™ˆ

2A+2A+2T, 3F+2T, 1Lz (pop), 2Lo, loss of balance on flying SSp, 3T, 3S+2T, 3S

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Nice spread eagle, and really decent flexibility for a junior man. Honestly have no idea what this program is about, but I'm not sure evoking military associations is the best choice in the current political climate šŸ™ˆ

2A+2A+2T, 3F+2T, 1Lz (pop), 2Lo, loss of balance on flying SSp, 3T, 3S+2T, 3S
indeed... i liked his change foot camel going in the other direction.... so difficult i hear ... :)

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Actually really enjoyed this skate by David Bondar, it's on the right side of dramatic and piratey and he has a gorgeous Ina Bauer and hybroblade. Plus, I can't resist a good chest peekaboo costume. No huge issues on the jumps, except for the 3A, but I think that's a newer jump for him.

3A</<< (?) (two-footed, turn), 3Lz+3T< (foot down), 3Lo, 3F, 3Lz+2A+2A, 3F+2T, 3S

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
shohei law... i simply wish him the best... no kidding .. such a gorgeous skater. too bad he has all these jump issues .

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Shohei is a gorgeous skater, and when he hits his jumps they're simply breathtaking (the opening 2A šŸ˜). Honestly, based on raw data, he should be much more successful than he has been. I wonder if a different training team would help him gain difficulty and consistency.

2A, 3F (step out), 3Lz+2T (turn), 3S+3T<, 3Lo, 3Lz Fall, 2A (stumble)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Shohei is a gorgeous skater, and when he hits his jumps they're simply breathtaking (the opening 2A šŸ˜). Honestly, based on raw data, he should be much more successful than he has been. I wonder if a different training team would help him gain difficulty and consistency.

I welcome any change when it means leaving champs.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
shohei law... i simply wish him the best... no kidding .. such a gorgeous skater. too bad he has all these jump issues .

I'd like to see him at Connaught.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
The opening of this program is so good. šŸ˜ Honestly, putting aside the jumps, there's a lot to like about this performance and about David Shteyngart. So much intensity in his movements.

3F (two-footed, hand, turn), 3A< (two-footed, fall), 3Lz+2A+2T, 3Lo, 3Lz, 3T, 3S+2Lo

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The Murphys are doing better for sure.
I'd send him to Ravi (who I believe is still a super under-rated coach... despite having made a world champion !)
Ravi is great, but the Murphys are just across town from Champs. But depending on where he lives, the commute could be brutal.