2024 South Korean Figure Skating Championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2024 South Korean Figure Skating Championships

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I don't know but it is bigger than and happens before 17th-europa-cup-skate-helena listed in upcoming events so I am giving it a try. I think there is way more interest in Korean Nationals. Also it benefits from being the only Nationals happening this week - so why not try.

Besides I am sitting here waiting, waiting for Skate Canada to get their Nationals information together.:shrug::coffee:
More than that Skate Helena, probably, but since it's a domestic competition (and while Skate Helena is not attracting much attention it is an international competition) I don't see it happening. Not saying you shouldn't have tried, I just think it's not going to be likely to happen.

Meanwhile, I wish people would show more interest in KNats. I'm not saying KNats are up to par with the big 4 (Canadian nationals maybe, but they have a stellar ice dance field while we have 2 ice dance teams in total), but I'd argue that our field is up to par with, say, French nationals. Yes, no pairs and one senior ice dance team, but the women's department make it up for it. Like our skaters are so good watch and pay attention to them damnit...

I'm ranting, my apologies. I'm just sad that our skaters don't get the hype and recognition they deserve, again they are so good. I can literally write down which users to expect on this thread when the skating begins and the number is not big enough. Okay, maybe I don't want the overhype and arguements too many people bring but my loves deserve more attention. And I could use the company, that'd take my mind off these coughs that I still haven't managed to fully shake off yet

labgoat

On special assignment for work, see you in August
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And I could use the company, that'd take my mind off these coughs that I still haven't managed to fully shake off yet
Since you need the company - have you made your Euros picks yet? or Knats picks (even though there may or may not be a contest). I see @CoyoteChris posted some scores (post #15) for the ladies...some results surprise me a bit.

Last edited:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Since you need the company - have you made your Euros picks yet? or Knats picks (even though there may or may not be a contest)
I don't do predictions, 1)I feel like I'm jinxing the skaters and 2)I'm terrible at them. Better to just cheer for the ones I love (Euros) or all of them (KNats)

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't do predictions, 1)I feel like I'm jinxing the skaters and 2)I'm terrible at them. Better to just cheer for the ones I love (Euros) or all of them (KNats)
I try not to get emotional with predictions .
I just use them to assess my knowledge of the skaters and to find who I am over/underestimating.
That way I don't get too upset if I don't guess the winners. It has definitely sharpened my watching skills.
Sometimes I just go by the numbers alone and move people up or down if I think they have momentum.
Sometimes I am just stubborn - like keeping Kevin Aymoz up high. I'm thinking he's had a holiday break and being a champion - isn't gonna give up again.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I try not to get emotional with predictions .
I just use them to assess my knowledge of the skaters and to find who I am over/underestimating.
That way I don't get too upset if I don't guess the winners. It has definitely sharpened my watching skills.
That is such a mature and sophisticated way to do predictions, my hat goes off to you. I, meanwhile, am too biased to do it like you so no predictions for me :laugh:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So is Haein Lee in trouble going into this event? It seems like she is trailing Chaeyeon Kim and Seyeoung Wi.

Are any of the juniors eligible for 4CC or WC? Or do they just skate up a level at Nationals like some of ours do.
I really love Yuseong Kim, Yujae Kim and Minsol Kwon brings me great joy.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So is Haein Lee in trouble going into this event? It seems like she is trailing Chaeyeon Kim and Seyeoung Wi.

Are any of the juniors eligible for 4CC or WC? Or do they just skate up a level at Nationals like some of ours do.
I really love Yuseong Kim, Yujae Kim and Minsol Kwon brings me great joy.
1) Haein hasn't been at her best form at the ranking competition, but we'll have to see. Whether or not she can get her -3T rotated will be of consequence.
2) Skaters like Jia, Yuseong, Minsol, Yujae. Seojin, etc. are all age ineligible for international senior competitions, they just skate as seniors domestically. It's got to do with the level (급수) system that we have, I can explain what that's all about if you want to know
3)The twins and Minsol are lovely, aren't they

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
they just skate as seniors domestically
They do that with some of our girls too, to give them more competition skill wise with the older group for when they move up age-wise. Yes Yuseong & Yujae are so beautiful to watch and Minsol gets me every time when she enters her own little world with the singing.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@labgoat Now KNats are on the main page! Thank you :thank:
Now you have arrived! You should gets lots of new fans and company during the competition.
I sometimes can be an agitator - I try to only make good trouble, but don't always succeed. You see what happened when I visited Spanish Nationals this year...

Korea deserves it, they were very competitive in the team event last year and deserve more respect. Now if only we can find you a pair team...

Last edited:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Now you have arrived! You should gets lots of new fans and company during the competition.
I sometimes can be an agitator - I try to only make good trouble, but don't always succeed. You see what happened when I visited Spanish Nationals this year...

Korea deserves it, they were very competitive in the team event last year and deserve more respect. Now if only we can find you a pair team...
I'm not expecting that much new fans (I am a glass-half-empty person) but maybe some of the usual international competitions gang will join, that'll make me happy :)

Spanish Nationals? Huh? Will have to check that out :laugh:

If only Hyejin can find a good partner... (deep sigh)

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmm, found the Spanish Nationals thread but didn't see anything agitative. What am I missing?
Well CaroLizafan & I discussing the results of the dance event. The next day Spanish fed named the 2nd place team to euros & worlds and the winner with nothing. After more discussion over several pages we suggested that the events should've been split between the teams and the day after Spanish fed did just that. I felt like we were spied on and wished I had never wrote a word. I felt bad for both teams being put through a lot of unnecessary emotional upheaval especially since I like both teams.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Well CaroLizafan & I discussing the results of the dance event. The next day Spanish fed named the 2nd place team to euros & worlds and the winner with nothing. After more discussion over several pages we suggested that the events should've been split between the teams and the day after Spanish fed did just that. I felt like we were spied on and wished I had never wrote a word. I felt bad for both teams being put through a lot of unnecessary emotional upheaval especially since I like both teams.
And... you did literally nothing bad to them? You are way too kind-hearted

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
LOL! When I used to back Yasa's skaters I secretly thought I jinxed them cause their carrerrs tanked! So I stopped backing individuals and gave the money to USFS. Yasa forgave me...😄 Then she sat me down next to her mother at an event and didnt tell me she didnt speak English! 😅
I forgave HER and introduced her to Doris! 🤩 Then we were watching Jason practice and she turns to me and says, "He will have to cut his hair." 🤣

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

labgoat is making big trouble for moose and squirrel! 😄