Theoretical Top Score for a Ladies LP with only regular Triples | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Theoretical Top Score for a Ladies LP with only regular Triples

natsulian

Final Flight
On the topic of Karen, I think her layout should be:

2A3T
3Lo
3F
3S
2A3T(x)
3Lz2T2Lo(x)
3Lz(x)

If she can nail this layout without any under-rotations, her base value (assuming all Level 4's) sits at roughly 62.63 points. Additionally, if she can get +3s and +4s (apart from the triple-Flip) across the board, her TES can climb to 77-79 and paired with 70-72 PCS, Karen can score approximately 147-151 internationally in the Free. As for her Short, I think Karen's ceiling is 74-76, so that gives her a total score of 221-227 which would put her in contention for multiple Grand Prix and Challenger medals alongside a 4CC medal, Top 6 finish at Worlds, and maybe Top 6 finish at the Olympics. This is, of course, with the mindset and belief that Karen is going to consistently and cleanly deliver.

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
On the topic of opposite direction jumps, I used to do single flip the other direction (I tried double but it was too hard) into 2Z my direction and it is not natural feeling at all to do a lutz from a landing position because you have to completely switch where your arms are and you end up loading jumps like the Russian girls do. It looks awful too unless you've practiced it for years.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
On the topic of opposite direction jumps, I used to do single flip the other direction (I tried double but it was too hard) into 2Z my direction and it is not natural feeling at all to do a lutz from a landing position because you have to completely switch where your arms are and you end up loading jumps like the Russian girls do. It looks awful too unless you've practiced it for years.
Did you ever do it with a single? (jump +1Lz combo)

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Did you ever do it with a single? (jump +1Lz combo)
Yep. Was actually trying to get back opp1F - 1Z combo literally yesterday but it's just still really unnatural. It's the takeoff that's super hard to get into properly. Even when I had it in the past it was really inconsistent. Once you get the takeoff good you can throw on any rotation you want (I've never seen anyone do quad though obvi) if you're going the direction you like.

Edit: If the takeoff of the first jump is good it's so much easier, so that's why 2F never worked out for me.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Yep. Was actually trying to get back opp1F - 1Z combo literally yesterday but it's just still really unnatural. It's the takeoff that's super hard to get into properly. Even when I had it in the past it was really inconsistent. Once you get the takeoff good you can throw on any rotation you want (I've never seen anyone do quad though obvi) if you're going the direction you like.

Edit: If the takeoff of the first jump is good it's so much easier, so that's why 2F never worked out for me.
I may be a bit biased, as I landed some of my singles first thw other way (copied the guy in front of me in group sessions and he went the other way), but I can do 2S and 2Lo the other way on a good day

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
^ It should be 170.78 if I didn't add something wrong.

Would also improve to 171.28 by ordering those Triples so that every combo uses either the Lutz or Flip factoring for GOE, you don't want to be doing 3S+3T for an ideal layout.

If we are going really crazy though and including all the jumps as back-end combos that can get top GOE, then this is the highest scoring "no jump harder than 3Lz" layout possible:

3T = 6.3 points
3S = 6.45 points
3Lo = 7.35 points
3F = 7.95 points
3Lz+2Lz+2Lz = 14.06 points (the same score as 3Lz+3T)
2A+3Lz = 13.07 points
2A+3F = 12.11 points

Tech Score: 93.94 points, PCS: 80.0 points, TOTAL SCORE: 173.94 points. Having no Triple-Triple would become the best scoring jump layout possible. :coffee:

Um, good luck ever doing a 2A+3Lz though. Would require a very, very specific kind of skater with amazing ambidexterity. 3Lz+2Lz+2Lz is more realistic, although still insanely hard and not actually realistic. It would look great though if really well executed! Floaty movement in constantly opposite directions. And of course it would have to be beautifully timed to the music since these are max PCS programs. Because we know judges require amazing artistry to get top PCS...:rofl:ha...ha..
I just use skatingscores to calculate my entire layout.
I forgot you only got GOE on the highest factoring element....

Forget about max PCS.... how is it possible to get max GOE on such difficult combos?

lurkerghost1

On the Ice
On the topic of Karen, I think her layout should be:

2A3T
3Lo
3F
3S
2A3T(x)
3Lz2T2Lo(x)
3Lz(x)

If she can nail this layout without any under-rotations, her base value (assuming all Level 4's) sits at roughly 62.63 points. Additionally, if she can get +3s and +4s (apart from the triple-Flip) across the board, her TES can climb to 77-79 and paired with 70-72 PCS, Karen can score approximately 147-151 internationally in the Free. As for her Short, I think Karen's ceiling is 74-76, so that gives her a total score of 221-227 which would put her in contention for multiple Grand Prix and Challenger medals alongside a 4CC medal, Top 6 finish at Worlds, and maybe Top 6 finish at the Olympics. This is, of course, with the mindset and belief that Karen is going to consistently and cleanly deliver.
The only thing I’d change is put the 3Lo 4th because it’s easier for her than 3F or 3S.

lurkerghost1

On the Ice
2A - 3.3
2A - 3.3
2Lz - 0.9 (can't remember 2lz BV)
2Lz

3S+3T - 8.5 x 1.1
3Lz+3Lo - 10.8 x 1.1
3Lz+3F+3F 16.5 x 1.1
(This puts all 7 triples in second half. Can't get higher triple value than this)
Somebody else can do the maths, but this is the maximum possible.

Edit: with all elements +5 and max spins and max PCS, the answer is 170.28
What about

2A
2A
2Lz
2Lz
3S+3T+3Lo
3Lz+3Lo
3F+3T

I think that is more realistic, only downside is repeating 3Lo and 3T instead of 3Lz and 3F

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I may be a bit biased, as I landed some of my singles first thw other way (copied the guy in front of me in group sessions and he went the other way), but I can do 2S and 2Lo the other way on a good day
I used to do 2F and 2S other way on all days haha. I'm a synchro skater who rotates lefty. They just don't have the same perfect glide that my lefty jumps have.

Last edited: