2018-2019 Russian Nationals Ice Dance FD | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Russian Nationals Ice Dance FD

rinkside_user

On the Ice
I could be contemplating over the 130+ they need to overcome S/K but all I see is a hickey on Bukin's neck.:shocked:

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
We’d never forgive them for trying it, but admit it, S/B trying Blues for Klook would be more interesting than their current piece.

Metis

Record Breaker
This has to be the strangest place I've ever watched skating. I'm participating in an experimental drug study and I'm in the observation room for several hours, watching skating in Russian from Napa, CA. In other news, I passed Peggy Fleming's vineyard on the way in.
Okay, there’s a backstory here and I am fascinated. This sounds amazing. Drugs are pretty much required to understand scoring at nationals, so you’re in the right place.

Metis

Record Breaker
How much of this is the SinKats grabbing momentum at the GPF and S/B coming in as overdogs and leaving as underdogs?

s_parks

Record Breaker
It's really a shame about Z/G. I'd hoped early in the season they'd grow into this music, but it seems like they've had more trouble with each performance.
This has to be the strangest place I've ever watched skating. I'm participating in an experimental drug study and I'm in the observation room for several hours, watching skating in Russian from Napa, CA. In other news, I passed Peggy Fleming's vineyard on the way in.

You're watching skating the right way

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I could be contemplating over the 130+ they need to overcome S/K but all I see is a hickey on Bukin's neck.:shocked:

He had a cut in the same spot I think at one of the GPs, so it might be a bruise or something from skating since it's happened before.

madison

Record Breaker
I thought that Stepanova had a mistake during the step seq. She always looks sloppy though during steps, so i don t know.
S/B looked disspointed with the place.:biggrin:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I see I wasn't the only one distracted by Bukin's hickey. As for their music, Beth Hart sounds uncannily like Janis Joplin.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
S/B have the more interesting program, but I think the results here are correct (not the scores, to be clear).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
What do you guys think about this? :O

Oh I was immensely entertained. Russian Nationals Never Disappoints.

Now the real interest will be: who does the Rus Fed send to Euros and Worlds? E/B won't cut the top ten but Z/G are a mess. Decisions decisions!

:confused2:

Metis

Record Breaker
What do you guys think about this? :O

Ignoring the numbers, since they don’t matter, and focusing on the placements, which do... I thought the SinKats were the ones to beat, and they were. They brought their A-game today, even if their programme isn’t everyone’s favourite. Z/G ... I have problems with their FD to begin with, but the technical issues sank them.

Not sure I have any real bones to pick with regard to who finished where.

madison

Record Breaker
I've read that Stepanova said at the end of last season at a radio broadcast that they are granted bigger score this season as they will be Russian no 1. lol:laugh:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Okay, there’s a backstory here and I am fascinated. This sounds amazing. Drugs are pretty much required to understand scoring at nationals, so you’re in the right place.

I had an injection (in my knee) of a DNA-based drug that the researchers hope will reduce inflammation in arthritic joints, lessening the need for painkillers and replacing cortisone shots. Nothing too interesting, but I sure hope it helps! I miss being able to walk distances.
If I wanted drugs to help the scoring make sense, I'd have had to bring them from home. :laugh:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
You'd need a pack mule for the Recommended Dosages!

;)

I can just see myself showing up at the medical marijuana dispensary asking if they have anything that makes the scoring at RusNats make sense. "I'm sorry, Ravyn, there are some things even THC can't fix."
Oh, wow, did I just make my 900th post about pot? :palmf: