9 Lyudmila SOSNITSKAYA / Pavel GOLOVISHNIKOV 149.76 9 9 video
10 Olga BIBIHINA / Daniil ZVORYKIN 131.4510 10 video
11 Maria IGNATYEVA / Mikhail BRAGIN 126.62 11 13 video
12 Ekaterina MIRONOVA / Eugene USTENKO 126.55 12 11
13 Valery DEMENTYEVA / Alexey NOVIKOV 119.10 13 12 video
14 Anastasia GIRNOKLEYEVA / Roman MESCHANKIN 95.80 14 14 video

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
S/B are superior in every way and deserved to be first here, okay bye! :)

I love their programmes this year and wish they had won but SinKats really are quality skaters so I can see how they won, even if their programmes are a bit old school/boring. S/B definitely have more of a spark to them.

cell

On the Ice
The PCS for S/K should be HILARIOUS.

Well Zhulin finally found the solution to How Do You Solve a Problem Like Katsalapov? Chain him to a Plodding Moderato tempo.

H/D should be worried. That's going to challenge for Silver at Worlds.

ETA: 128.31

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh you just can't get better High Comedy than Nationals.

That's exactly what Zhulin said in the last interview

And considering it's nationals the inflation compared to their GPF score isn't that high :p

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
S/K's music literally put me to sleep. My eyes closed of their own accord. I came to like 30 seconds later, shocked that time had passed. It's like they tried to find the most soporific Bach they could.

I couldn't disagree more. I find Air on a G String beautiful. And so do the rapturous responses from audiences where they've performed this season.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I think that part is skated with beautiful flow.. L

I love all of it, and if that makes me old fashioned I don't care! I don't find their FD old fashioned in the least. It's just extremely good and they deserve their success this season.

cell

On the Ice
I love all of it, and if that makes me old fashioned I don't care! I don't find their FD old fashioned in the least. It's just extremely good and they deserve their success this season.

I would agree...I don't find it old fashioned even though that's what it's been called

I mean it's not modern or extremely innovative but I don't care because it is really well skated and works for me

GGFan

Record Breaker
Watched S/K and S/B. Much prefer the latter in terms of the program and the presentation. I think for the first half of the free Nikita is able to tone it down, but that second half?? Every excess and sloppy move in his arsenal comes out. There's a thin line between passion and Krylova and he's way over it. S/B are definitely finding a style that works for them. I'm buying the young and sexy vibe.

I know people want to see a rivalry with P/C, but I rather domination than a fake rivalry. These two teams have several awkward transitions in and out of moves and are not yet ready to compete with the French.

cell

On the Ice
Watched S/K and S/B. Much prefer the latter in terms of the program and the presentation. I think for the first half of the free Nikita is able to tone it down, but that second half?? Every excess and sloppy move in his arsenal comes out. There's a thin line between passion and Krylova and he's way over the line. S/B are definitely finding a style that works for them. I'm buying the young and sexy vibe.

Nikita's dramatics come out in the second half because that's how is choreographed.. I mean, I will admit the choreography in the second half is excess drama to the 9s bordering on tacky/bad taste that ice dance got a poor rep but I kinda enjoy it... If anyone is meant for dramatics outs Nikita :lol:

As far as S/B I enjoy them but that program is what someone else dubbed as Eurotrash, even though it's fun

Kittosuni

Medalist
Z/G was a mess especially her. But Im sure they will still be sent to Euros which is the right thing

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I love their programmes this year and wish they had won but SinKats really are quality skaters so I can see how they won, even if their programmes are a bit old school/boring. S/B definitely have more of a spark to them.

"Oldschool", what a music of paradise for my conservatism :)

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker

Absolutely. I see why SinKats or Hubbell/Donohue will win over others, i just prefer Stepanova/Bukin or Gilles/Poirier programs and their concepts/ideas. I was expressing my preference, which doesn't mean i disagree with the scores or i dont acknowledge their good skating and deserving wins.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Absolutely. I see why SinKats or Hubbell/Donohue will win over others, i just prefer Stepanova/Bukin or Gilles/Poirier programs and their concepts/ideas. I was expressing my preference, which doesn't mean i disagree with the scores or i dont acknowledge their good skating and deserving wins.

:agree:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
S/K's music literally put me to sleep. My eyes closed of their own accord. I came to like 30 seconds later, shocked that time had passed. It's like they tried to find the most soporific Bach they could.

They do Ambien better than anyone else. It’s both a compliment and my agreeing with you.

The PCS for S/K should be HILARIOUS.

Well Zhulin finally found the solution to How Do You Solve a Problem Like Katsalapov? Chain him to a Plodding Moderato tempo.

H/D should be worried. That's going to challenge for Silver at Worlds.

ETA: 128.31

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh you just can't get better High Comedy than Nationals.

It's really a shame about Z/G. I'd hoped early in the season they'd grow into this music, but it seems like they've had more trouble with each performance.
This has to be the strangest place I've ever watched skating. I'm participating in an experimental drug study and I'm in the observation room for several hours, watching skating in Russian from Napa, CA. In other news, I passed Peggy Fleming's vineyard on the way in.

I could be contemplating over the 130+ they need to overcome S/K but all I see is a hickey on Bukin's neck.:shocked:

Okay, there’s a backstory here and I am fascinated. This sounds amazing. Drugs are pretty much required to understand scoring at nationals, so you’re in the right place.

Hmm, can a hickey be considered a Costume Violation?

:think:

I had an injection (in my knee) of a DNA-based drug that the researchers hope will reduce inflammation in arthritic joints, lessening the need for painkillers and replacing cortisone shots. Nothing too interesting, but I sure hope it helps! I miss being able to walk distances.
If I wanted drugs to help the scoring make sense, I'd have had to bring them from home. :laugh:

You'd need a pack mule for the Recommended Dosages!

;)

I can just see myself showing up at the medical marijuana dispensary asking if they have anything that makes the scoring at RusNats make sense. "I'm sorry, Ravyn, there are some things even THC can't fix."
Oh, wow, did I just make my 900th post about pot? :palmf:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This. This right here. This ENTIRE THREAD. Oh my lord. My throat hurts from laugh-screaming so hard. I needed that level of hilarity in my life today. Bless you all. I’ll see myself out. *tips fedora*

:laugh2: :dbana:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Hi. it’s me again; turns out I didn’t see myself out after all. Gotcha! In all seriousness, before I checked in to read this tiny Russian ice dance thread of hilarity, I was reading through the two ladies event threads. I guess I just love self torture, or something, and I was ready to walk away from the sport in its entirety. You’ve all changed my minds. On that note, I’d better get Yuzudaughter’s brand new freeskate dress out of the fireplace and tell her to stop her crying, she doesnt have to switch to hockey after all. :laugh:

Someone has to say it: You silly naysayers, the season is only halfway done! There's still plenty of time for Nikita to bork his twizzles! It wouldn’t really be Russian ice dance if he didn’t.