2023 Grand Prix de France Pairs Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Grand Prix de France Pairs Free Skate

theblade

On the Ice
aa25ce92394803f43e2db54d4184f130.jpg
My kid and I bumped into Gia Gunn in L.A. while shopping for Swarovski bling pre-lockdowns. Totally random occurrence.

theblade

On the Ice
Also, was that Lisa Gerrard (Dead Can Dance) singing in this Valhalla music? No one sings like her!

slider11

Medalist
Danny O'Shea and Brandon Frasier are elite male pair skaters who were at a crossroads 4 years ago with partners who were not able to continue. Brandon ended up being paired with Alexis Knierim resulting in an Olympic medal and World Championship. Danny, on the side lines. Ellie seems like a willing pair skater and competent on the lifts but struggling with the jumps and throws. I hope these series of falls don't deter that determination. Imagine if Danny had been paired with Deanna S-D a few years ago. Now that would have been a powerful duo!

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Anna VALESI / Manuel PIAZZA 🇮🇹
Chasing Cars

3Tw3
3S< (Anna holds on)
2A+1A+2A (Anna falls on second 2A)
5ALi1 (comes down very early but safely)
3FTh (stepout)
3STh (stepout)
BoDs1
ChSq1 +0.25
3Li4
5RLi4
PCoSp4

FS: 96.62 (2nd)
TOT: 150.57 (2nd)

Another rough skate but this team has so much potential as well.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm usually accepting of music choices ... but I have ptsd from watching Roman Sadovsky (a favorite of mine) fall and fall and fall to it for 2 years!

But the Italians really kept it together and skated with feeling in the second half of the program, ... overcoming the memory of the mistakes

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Warm-Up Group 2
5 Valentina PLAZAS / Maximiliano FERNANDEZ USA
6 Camille KOVALEV / Pavel KOVALEV FRA
7 Sara CONTI / Niccolo MACII ITA
8 Lia PEREIRA / Trennt MICHAUD CAN

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Oh, no 4th team in this flight. Why have Kam/O'Shea withdrawn after the SP? Some injury?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Danny O'Shea and Brandon Frasier are elite male pair skaters who were at a crossroads 4 years ago with partners who were not able to continue. Brandon ended up being paired with Alexis Knierim resulting in an Olympic medal and World Championship. Danny, on the side lines. Ellie seems like a willing pair skater and competent on the lifts but struggling with the jumps and throws. I hope these series of falls don't deter that determination. Imagine if Danny had been paired with Deanna S-D a few years ago. Now that would have been a powerful duo!
Maybe they wouldn't have gelled ... it's easy to imagine these things but the reality is different...
For instance, Vanessa Crone was with Paul Poirier. They split. She was lined up to skate with Soerensen. It didn't work out. But what if Laurence, instead of teaming up with Nik had teamed up with Paul (instead of Piper)... Considering that some think she is the best ice dancer in the world and others believe the same of Paul, how would they have fared together? At the same time, Nik and Lolo's chemistry is undeniable :)

Deanna is another skater now that she has been working with Maxime. I don't recall her being as stellar with Nathan.